Monday, August 28, 2006

Persepolis: the story of a childhood

I read Marjane Satripi's first book today. Joyce Mosher, my Lit teacher, gave it to me after class. I haven't read a lot of illustrated books like this. But I really enjoyed it. I like the fact that it reads quickly, and yet still communicates richly and even adds strong imagery.

After Lolita in Tehran, this book seems to pick up on the same theme, except it goes in a more chronological order. It's an autobiographical ... It's amazing to think that her story isn't uncommon in Iran. Many people live like her.

The book was apparently very highly reviewed. One quote saying it's the defining of a new genre. I think that's exaggerated, but I certainly don't see much of this in the States. in any case, I want to get the sequel. lol.



7/10

1 Comments:

Blogger Kayla said...

I didn't know you did a book thing as well. I'm thinking about getting rid of mine though.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home