Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The Cost of Discipleship

Bonhoeffer has become one of my favourite authors. This book was a bit over my head, but I must have learned something from it, because I often find myself thinking about what he's written. It's easy to see why "The Cost of Discipleship" has become to well known. It's simple reliance on grace, but a high level of commitment.

A few things that stick out are the introduction which describe the need for the revolution in the church. Another is his radical call for a return to the beatitudes. I think I may have almost cried during it. There's something about it that breathes life. It's almost punk rock. lol. The visible community seems to be something God is teaching me about as well. Towards the end he has some great parts about sanctification.



Anyway ... great book. I definitely want to read some more Bonhoeffer.



9/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home