Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Le Petit Cathéchisme de Martin Luther

Serge gave me a copy of this book last week, and I worked through it pretty quickly. To be honest, I didn't even know what a catechism was. :$ The shame... He said he felt like it was important for me to read some stuff like that.

I enjoyed it. I was surprised to see how I agree with almost everything in it, but have never vocalized it. At the same time, our emphasises are very different. We believe the same, but somehow our foundation has become hidden or misplaced. The most common verse wasn't John 3.16, but the Lord's prayer. The creed was simple, articulate, and well thought through. He also talks about baptism and the Lord's Supper a lot. Which is cool... we seem to have lost a little bit of that emphasis.


Definitely important stuff to read...



6/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home